Tuesday, May 31, 2011

New Music Tuesday: Death Cab for Cutie - Codes & Keys

I really like this band. The have been around for quite awhile now, but I only really got introduced, and into them with their "Plans" album, which was 2 albums before this one. Their sound is a little folksy, a little rock and a little romantic. The lead singer has really mastered the art of expression of emotion through lyrics, really making you feel the message of his songs. This album isn't too much of a deviation from their last album, Narrow Stairs, although what I did notice is that there is less guitar and more keyboard on this one. The songs also seem to be of a happier theme than the previous two albums, that seemed to deal a lot with depression, lost love and death. I would definitely recommend this album, I have listened to it a couple times now and it is growing on me just like the last ones and will probably be one of my favorites for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment