Saturday, May 21, 2011

Day 37: Richard Hawley - Coles Corner

This album was pretty good, but I was a little confused at who Richard Hawley is. The first couple tracks he is kind of like a really cool Frank Sinatra throwback sound, all kind of slow and jazzy. Then the rest of the album kind of reminds me of a bit of Chris Isaac mixed with Johnny Cash mixed with Randy Travis, with the songs having more of a country twang to them. Parts of the album were really long and slow and at other times a bit more lively, but never really rocking. I think country music fans would like this album more than any other type of genre. I would have like it more if it had been a bit more consistent on style and direction. 3/5
reminds me of Frank Sinatra style

more of the country vibe

No comments:

Post a Comment