Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 21: Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams

I think, if I'm not mistaken, that my sister had this album as a teen and listened to it quite a lot. At the time I don't recall liking it all that much, and if I am being honest I still wouldn't add it to my music collection. It was kind of fun however to revisit it and I can say that I do appreciate it more now. There are quite a few songs on the album that are quite good, and of course there is the monster 80s hit "Sweet Dreams". Annie Lennox's voice is very captivating and haunting in a way. She can really tell a story and pull you in when she sings. I would say that this album definitely has it's place in 80s music history and belongs on this list.
Better song than Sweet Dreams in my opinion

3.5/5 for a classic 80s album

1 comment:

  1. I did love the Eurythmics ( I was only 9 or 10 though ) and went on to love Annie Lennox when she went solo too .. Now tomorrow's pick ? That pretty much sums up a good portion of my teenage years! I'm going to listen to it along with you tomorrow and daydream about mine and Ian Astbury's wedding , just for old times sake ... SIGH , Ian Astbury :)

    ReplyDelete