Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day 23: Morrissey - You are the Quarry

I only have one Morrissey song on my Ipod, November Spawned a Monster. It's an amazing song that I think everyone should here. After hearing this album, however, I think there is a good reason I only have the one song.
I really didn't like it much at all. Morrissey definitely has a very unique voice that takes some getting use to, and his song writing is kind of unconventional in style. He also seems to have some deep rooted issues that he is trying to work out cause most of the album he is pissed off or depressed. Not that that is a bad thing, I love The Cure.
Overall I wouldn't say it was terrible but just a little too odd for me. It didn't flow very well, the lyrics weren't all that great and it was too self absorbed for my taste. 2/5

I think "How can anybody possibly know how I feel" is the best example of the whole album

No comments:

Post a Comment