Sunday, September 16, 2018

#69 The Beatles - Revolver

The fifth Beatles album that I have listened to so far, and the band's seventh album released, and while it is not the band's best selling album, that title belongs to Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, it is, from what I have read, in most people's opinion the band's best album. I can see why many feel that way. I still don't think it was amazing, but that has to do with biases that I have towards their music. It was good howver, maybe the best I have heard so far, It has a handful of great songs on it and really showcased the vocal capabilities of all members of the band, as they each take a turn on lead vocals for different songs.




"Eleanor Rigby" McCartney on vocals. A great song.

"Yellow Submarine" Starr on vocals.

"Got to Get You into My Life" McCartney

"Paperback Writer" The writing session for Revolver spawned another songs not included on th album but released as a single it became very popular.

Tomorrow's Album #681 Sonic Youth - Goo

No comments:

Post a Comment