Tuesday, May 10, 2011

New Music Tuesday: Blue October - Ugly Side an Acoustic Evening With ...

O.k. so besides the Blue October album of new material coming out this summer, I was most excited about this CD releasing today. Those that know me know that I absolutely love Blue October. I could write a huge post just about the band and how amazing their music and concerts are. I could write about how I have seen them 3 times in the last year and met the band each time, and that they are really down to earth normal guys. I could write about how their songs are so real and how so many people connect with the messages and emotion of the songs, but I digress.
The point of this post is to let everyone know about their new acoustic CD. I didn't get a chance to see them when they were doing their last acoustic tour, the one in which the album was recorded, and I don't think I will get a chance to see them while they are one tour to support this album, but only because they aren't coming to Salt Lake. So this album is going to have to be a adequate substitute. I have listened to it a couple times now and it is really good. For Blue fans you know the songs so this is an amazing new way to hear them. All of the songs really lend themselves to being played acoustic, and in fact I think some of them actually convey more of their emotion acoustically. As always Justin is amazing live and you can really hear the passion for the songs when he sings them. Anyone that is a fan of music do yourself a favor and give Blue October a listen. I would recommend starting with the album "Foiled" and is was commercially most successful and then moving on to their other album. I can say without hesitation that there isn't a single song on any of their albums that I don't think is better than pretty much any song out there. 6/5 cause holds me over till new material is released.


Listen to these to songs. I dare you to tell me they don't give you goosebumps.

No comments:

Post a Comment