Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 34: Husker Du - Warehouse

I have to admit this is one of the few bands that I have never heard of and know absolutely nothing about, so I did a bit of Google research to find out a bit more about them. Turns out they were a alternative/punk band that formed in 80 and broke up in 87. They released 7 albums during that time, impressive, and this album being the last, breaking up during touring to support it.
I thought it was a pretty decent album overall. A bit long, 20 songs in all, and by the end I had pretty much had my fill of Husker Du. Apparently they were quite big on the college scene/circuit, but never breaking it big into the main stream. I can see why after hearing them. They were kind of a generic punk band not really differing too much from a lot of other bands before or after them. For those that really like this type of music I can see why they would really love this album, but for me, a guy who likes their punk in small doses, I don't think I would ever listen to it again. 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment