Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 65: Pixies - Doolittle

After a listen through of Doolittle, I wasn't blow away but I liked it enough to hope that there is maybe another Pixies album on the list that I will get to listen to. A couple of the songs stood out from the rest as pretty dang good. "Here comes Your Man" is really catching and uplifting and of course "wave of mutilation" is the one Pixies song I already had on my Ipod, although it is the slower version of the song used in the movie Pump up the Volume. It is one of those songs that, when it pops up on my Ipod, I am really happy to hear it. One of those songs that I can't shut off once its playing.
A lot of the songs, when you listen to the lyrics, have religious overtones and deal with some darker subjects like death, making me wonder what their other albums are like. If you are a fan of the alt-rock/grunge style of music this album is right up your alley. 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment