Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 58: Depeche Mode - Music for the Masses

To me this album is 80's music. Even though I was already into The Cure, New Order, and The Pet Shop Boys, this album was everything that I loved about the 80's. I had already listened to a couple previous DM albums, I was introduced to them by my friend Darren, but this album was just amazing. Everything about it was perfect. From the opening with "Never Let Me Down Again" you are transported to the world of Depeche Mode. Their music and especially the lyrics, Martin Gore is one of the best song writers ever, just take you on this journey that is so much fun to go on, and even though this album wasn't their most successful, Violator was much more so but a little too commercial in my opinion, and Depeche Mode has made some really great albums over the years, they will never make another album as good as this one. If you have not heard this album before, you need to. It is definitely one of the 10 albums I would have with me if I was stranded on a deserted island.

Sorry, I just couldn't pick only one song to feature, so I did one for each of the singles released from the album. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment