Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 51: The Cars - The Cars

I forgot, until I listened to this album. how much I really like The Cars. It has probably been years since I listened to them other than the occasional song on the radio here and there. In the mid-80s I owned the album Heartbeat  city, and I played the crap out of it. This album was the bands debut album and it is amazing how strong of an album it is for a debut. Each and every song on the album is a strong rock classic. From "Good Times Roll" to "My Best Friend's Girl" to "Just What I Needed" to "You're All I Got Tonight".  From the opening note to the last verse it has you tapping your feet, humming and singing along, just having a good time. The songs are catchy and they just make you want to party. Definitely, if you haven't listened to this album for awhile or have never listened to it, put it on and crank it up! 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment