Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 56: The Afghan Whigs - Gentleman

I don't have a lot to say about this album really. Nothing on it really stood out or made it unique in anyway. It sounds like dozens of other albums out there by dozens of other bands. Their sound is a little grunge, the lyric writing was just average and the lead singer wasn't really anything better than average. It's starting to sound like I'm a hater of this band, which I'm not. I had heard the band name but never listened to any of their albums, so maybe their other albums are better than this one, I'm not sure. I do know that after this one I felt like the songs had just gone in one ear and out the other, which is a pretty good sign that I hadn't connected with it. 1/5
The one song I do remember

No comments:

Post a Comment