Wednesday, June 15, 2011

New Music Tuesday: Def Leppard - Mirrorball: Live & More

If you read my post for Hysteria, you know that Def Leppard is one of the bands that I really like. I have all of their albums and find them to be just a good ol' rock n' roll band. So I was pretty excited a few months ago when I heard that they had a new album coming out. Their last album prior to this one, released in 2008, was "Songs From the Sparkle Lounge" and it was pretty sub-par for them in my opinion, so I really had high hopes for this one. Finally released this past Tuesday I was a little disappointed to find that it is essentially a live album, which is great, I don't have any live Def Leppard on my Ipod, but I wanted a whole album of new songs. It does have 3 new studio tracks tacked on to the end of the album, that's the " & More" part of the CD.
The Live stuff is actually really good. It covers their whole career and is all their hit songs, 21 in all. The 3 new songs are really, really good. The radio single "Undefeated" is a classic hard rocking Def Leppard tune just made for playing loud. The second song "Kings of the World" is a slower ballad right up there with "Love Bites" and "Two Steps Behind". I especially like how the song starts out. The third new song "It's All About Believin" is another rocker, but not as good as "Undefeated". Overall if you aren't a fan of live albums, but are a fan of Def Leppard, I would say just buy the three new songs off Itunes. If you like live albums, I do, then it is worth getting the whole thing, you won't be disappointed. 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment