Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 60: Big Brother & The Holding Company - Cheap Thrills

I didn't especially love this album, due to the fact that is a late 60's kinda psychedelic rock album, which I know from past albums I've listened to from this genre it's not really my style. However, the type of music that is was was heavily out weighted by the fact that Janis Joplin was the lead singer for the band for this album. She can really sing. Her voice is so unique, and special that it just drags you deep into the songs. The sound of her voice is why I wanted Haley Reinhart to win Idol this last season, yes I watch Idol. Their voices are so very similar and are completely amazing. The lower, raspy, sultry range is just so captivating. By far Janis is the shining star of this album and I hope that there is more of her stuff I get to listen to along the way, she is so very talented. 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment