Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 62: Coldplay - Parachutes

The first time I heard the song "Yellow" I absolutely hated it. It wasn't until I fell in  love with Coldplay's 'Rush of Blood to the Head' album that I went back and listened to this album for the first time, and while it is a pretty good album it still isn't my favorite. For those that are Coldplay fans, of which I am one of them, you can really see the progression from this album to following albums in the bands maturity and song writing ability. Don't get me wrong this album definitely does have some really good songs, it's just that Chris Martin's song writing on "Rush" and following albums gets so much better that on those albums every song is great, every song is a potential radio hit. On this album 5 or maybe 6 of the 10 tracks are really strong, the others are kind of filler.
It is still an essential album to have though if you are a fan of the band. 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment