Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 54: Super Furry Animals - Rings Around The World

When I come across a band on the list that I have never heard of before I listen to the album and try and see what I can get out of it. Then after I am finished I use wikipedia to try and find out more about the band. Listening to Super Furry Animals I got the impression that they were probably a late 90s band from England that makes pop/alternative music and that there influences are maybe 70s psychedelic music like the Pink Floyd or something like that, but not quite as heavy. It sounds like to me that there is in fact 2 different singers for the band, and listening to it actually reminded me of The Flight of the Concords, if they made serious music instead of comedy albums. So lets see what Wiki has to say.
Formed in 1993 - off by a couple years
From - Wales. Got that one right
Lean towards "psychedelic rock and electronic experimentation" - Check
Two singers - Check
Influences - Blur, Elvis Costello, Collective Soul, and Wynton Marsalis - Nope Missed that one
Not too bad. As for the album itself, it was middle of the road for me. It had some good songs on it, but didn't really do much for me on the whole. At times I was a little bored but other songs I was into, namely "Alternate Route to Vulcan Street", "(Drawing) Rings Around the World", and "Juxtapozed With U". 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment