Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 61: New Order - Technique

If you have read my earlier posts you now know that I love 80's music. 80's music rules all. New Order is one of my favorite bands to come out of the 80's. They have an amazing repertoire of hit songs. Songs like "Blue Monday" are absolutely huge. They have sold millions of copies of their albums and they have been being played for years. They are timeless.
Technique, of all the New Order albums, all of which are amazing, is my favorite. For me it was the album that I really felt like they have matured to the point of perfection as a band. To a point where they could never produce anything as good as this album again. They came close a couple times, but this album is the icing on the cake of their careers. The lyrics show a real sense of emotion and investment by the lead singer Bernard Sumner. The music is classic New Order, synthesizer and drum machines out the wazoo, and amazing bass guitar by Peter Hook. All of the songs are designed to make you want to sing along and enjoy them at a crowded night club.
The version of the album that I listened to today was the remastered version that contains an extra 8 songs, all of which are B-sides or remixes, which is always an added bonus.
If you have never heard New Order before I absolutely recommend you listen to this album first, and then go back and listen to their other albums, some of which I am sure will be popping up on this list in the future. They are just too good not to. 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment