Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 48: MIssy Elliott - Under Construction

I'm not a huge rap fan. In fact I only have 5 rap artists on my Ipod, that I can think of off the top of my head, Eminem, Beastie Boys, Dan le Sac vs Scrobious Pip, Run DMC, and Missy Elliott. I don't have any full albums of Missy, but I do have 5 or 6 songs off a greatest hits album. I guess that point I'm trying to make is that for a rap artist to be on my Ipod it's a big deal, well to me anyways.

I have Liked Missy Elliott's style of rap ever since I heard it quite a few years ago. It is more "old school" than today's rappers like Keane, Lil Wayne etc. She samples from older songs and she can actually sing really well, which is rare for a rapper, since most of them seem to be tone deaf. The other thing I like about her as compared to today's rappers is she will drop the odd swear here and there, but it doesn't over run the song. I seems like, especially with Eminem, that the majority of the song is swear and the drop the odd non-swear. Overall I liked this album quite a bit. Two of the songs from it happened to be songs that I have from the greatest hits, Gossip Folk and Work It, and after hearing the whole album it is one that I would consider buying. 5/5

I LOVE this video

No comments:

Post a Comment