Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 18: Nightmare on Wax - Smokers Delight

Another instrumental album. I liked this one a bit more than I like Tubular Bells, only because it is more contemporary. It kind of reminded me of music that would be on a Laurence Fishburn movie soundtrack. It is a combination of R&B and Jazz. The whole album was pretty mellow, and the problem I'm finding listening to instrumental albums is that because the songs on the album are the same style, by halfway through all the songs start to sound the same to me. Just not enough variation on this one to keep me interested. I could see this being an album that you would put on while having a some friends over to hang out, but it was a little too slow for a party or for dancing.
2/5 for being slightly better than Tubular Bells 

No comments:

Post a Comment