Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 6: Bonus Albums

Had some extra time today to listen to a few more albums while studying for my exams.

Ali Farka Toure - Talking Timbuktu



I had absolutely no idea what this album would be. It turns out that it is an album of native African music with additional blues add by none other than Ry Cooder.  I liked the album, it was interesting to listen to, but I got bored after about half of it, because i couldn't understand any of the singing. It was calming and I liked all of the different instruments used, but it wasn't really something I would ever listen to again, or consider one of the albums I had to hear before I died. 2/5


Beastie Boys - Licensed to Ill

Awesome, awesome, awesome. Another album I have listened to hundreds of times, and it never gets old. Definitely a classic.


5/5 No Beastie Boys, No Eminem

Sonic Youth - Sister

Sonic youth is a band that I have heard of before and a lot of people like, but I know nothing about. They remind me a lot of The Tragically Hip, whom I love. Overall the album was pretty good. It was up beat and kept me listening, although it was strange at times.


3/5 for making original music

Tomorrow: Zombies -  Odessey & Oracle

No comments:

Post a Comment