Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 6: Little Richard - Here's Little Richard

I recognized some of the songs on the album and to be honest they were just alright. I mean the lyrics were simplistic, and most of the songs sound the same, but as I listened to them I tried to figure out what the big deal was. Then it came to me. This album was released in 1957 and was so amazingly different than all other music that had been made up until then. For a black man in 1957 to be playing these types of songs really knocked people's socks off. It was fun, exciting, wild and crazy music, and for the time it was really something special.
To say Little Richard was groundbreaking is an understatement.



5/5 for paving the way for Rock and Roll

Tomorrow: Ali Farka Toure - Talking Timbuktu

No comments:

Post a Comment