Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 5: Prince - Purple Rain

I remember in 1984 a friend of mine, Shane Ryan, won tickets to go and see the movie Purple Rain on opening night. Until then I had heard a couple Prince songs, Delirious and 1999, but really hadn't paid much attention to his music. I remember going to the movie and being completely blown away. I never knew music could be so powerful, so alive, so emotional, so freaking amazing. The album Purple Rain, in my opinion, is nearly perfect. The music, lyrics and flow of the album truly take you on a journey. I can't even begin to count how many times I have listened to it before today, but it was awesome to listen to it again all the way through.

I think it is worthy of a couple videos.




26 years later I am still blown away. 5/5

Tomorrow: Little Richard - Here's Little Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment