Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 14: Tom Waits - Rain Dogs

So this was the 1st Tom Waits album I have ever listened to. I know who he is and I have heard some of his songs before, although I couldn't tell you the name of one of them. The album was just o.k. It seemed like it was a concept album of some sort as the songs kind of loosely meshed. I think maybe I missed the message of it though and would need to listen to it numerous times to finally get it.

For those of you that don't know Mr. Waits has a very distinctive voice to say the least. It was actually the hardest thing for me. I really just didn't care for his singing. I think there are a couple more of his albums on the list so I'll have my opportunity develop a taste for his music.


1/5

Tomorrow: Lemonheads - It's a Shame about Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment