Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 7: Zombies - Odessey & Oracle (& Bonus Album)

Zombies - Odessey & Oracle
I learned today that psychedelic 60s music is not my thing. This album was just way too out there for me. Interesting fact about it though, the band broke up before the album was released. I had heard one of the songs before and it was the only redeeming quality of the album.



1/5 for breaking up before you made a second album

Pink Floyd - The Wall

So occasionally I will have conversations with different people about music, and if you know me you know I am very opinionated about what music is good, bad ect. Ultimately the conversations lead to me listing off the bands that I just can't stand for various reasons. "Band "X", "Y", "Z" suck. I don't know how anyone could like them." Pink Floyd was always included on that list.

I'm not exactly sure how they ended up on the list but there they were. I don't even think I had listened to a Pink Floyd album before today. Well, I am retracting my previous shunning of Pink Floyd for ever more. They are really good. I loved The Wall. The songs really got me involved with the album and captivated me with the lyrics and story they were trying to tell. At times it really rocked, other times it was slow and mellow, but all of them really, really good.


So here is my official apology Floyd. 5/5 for dissing you

Tomorrow: Fugazi - Repeater

No comments:

Post a Comment