Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 15: The Lemonheads - It's a Shame about Ray

This album was short and sweet. Most of the tracks are 2 minutes or less, really catchy and really good. The lemonheads remind me a lot of a band that I listened to as a teenager, The Candyskins, who are not on the list of 1001, but in my opinion should be. I found myself wishing that I had heard this album long ago so that I already knew the songs and I could have enjoyed it that much more. I might just have to listen to it again tomorrow.

Deserving of a couple videos I think.
I'm sure there are going to be albums out of the 1001 that I will hear for the first time and recommend that everyone hear, this is definitely one of them. Enjoy.

5/5 for pure fun

Tomorrow: Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells

No comments:

Post a Comment