Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 17: Cypress Hill - Cypress Hill

I have to admit I don't really relate to rap music very well. I have some rap on my Ipod, mostly Eminem, but I just don't relate to the drug culture, violence and misogyny that are the common themes of the songs. One thing I do like, usually, is the music. I do enjoy driving bass that you can crank up and rattle the windows. Having said that, this album was pretty much what I expected it to be. A bunch of songs about getting high and killing people. I am sure to some, it is one of the best. I'm just not the best judge of it, because I don't understand it, and by the time I got to the end of the album I was bored of it.

I did find out though that one of my all time favorite Rage Against the Machine songs "How I could Just Kill a Man" was originally a Cypress Hill song.

Video is NSFW - Language.
1/5 for giving Rage an awesome song to cover. Long live Tommy Morello

Tomorrow: Nightmares on Wax - Smokers Delight

No comments:

Post a Comment