Monday, April 25, 2011

Day 13: Buck Owens - I've Got a Tiger by the Tail

I'm usually not a big fan of country. Well lets be honest, I don't like it. But this album I really liked. This is old school country. This is your parents or your grandparents country. Full of fiddles, twangy slide guitar and heartache. Not the Crock (country-rock) or Pountry (pop-country) that is played today.

While I was listening to it, it brought back tons of memories of my grandpa Jim watching Grand Ole Opry at night when we visited him, or driving to Ottawa with him singing silly country songs the whole way. It was good times.

So this one is for you Grandpa Jim, see ya on the other side.

5/5 for bringing back childhood memories.

Tomorrow: Tom Waits - Rain Dogs

1 comment:

  1. Good times indeed .. RIP Grandpa Jim .

    ReplyDelete