Monday, June 19, 2017

#694 Massive Attack - Protection

I have found it interesting that even when I haven't heard of a band, other than by name, when I have listened to them most times they remind me of a band that I have heard and a lot of times have in my music library. That was the case with Massive Attack. I know nothing about them but they remind me of a cross between two bands, US3 and a band I really like, Recoil. Turns out Massive Attack is a duo that makes "trip-hop". Trip-hop is a mix of hip-hop and electronica, which now makes perfect sense of why they remind me of US3 which makes jazz/rap and Recoil which makes electronica music.

Overall I enjoyed the album but wasn't blown away by it. I think I'll stick to listening to Recoil.

"Karmacoma"


Tomorrow's Album #147 The Beatles - Abbey Road

No comments:

Post a Comment