Friday, June 23, 2017

#696 Morrissey - Vauxhall and I

I have been meaning to listen The Smiths,and Morrissey, to get more familiar with their music for a couple reasons. 1. I have a couple of their songs and like what I have heard but haven't bothered to listen to any full albums and 2. Justin, the lead singer of Blue October, favorite band and singer is The Smiths/Morrissey.

This album was pretty dang good. Morrissey's voice is very unique, not really like anyone else. He also has a very different style of lyric writing. With only one listen I'm not really sure how to describe it other than he is very obviously uses his songs to tell stories of events and things in his life and isn't worried about the songs being catchy pop songs, but then kind of end up being catchy. I'm excited to check out more of his music.

"Spring-Heeled Jim"


Tomorrow's Album #339 David Bowie - Heroes

No comments:

Post a Comment