Monday, June 26, 2017

#181 The Grateful Dead - Live/Dead

I don't know what makes a band the most famous/popular ever. Is it record sales, number of albums, hit singles, sold out concerts, longevity, or how well their fans travel? I'm sure that if you were to evaluate each different criteria you would get a different answer for each. So I don't know which band would be the most popular ever. I do know that The Grateful Dead would be up there in a lot of those categories and definitely could be viewed as one of the most popular ever.

Never having listened to any of their music my complaint is the same as when I listened to Steely Dan and The Crusaders. Jazz/rock songs end up being just long jam sessions were the songs just end up running together, especially when it a live album like this one is. It's just not for me.

I'm not going to add a video, just refer you to previous posts for Steely Dan or The Crusaders, it all sounds the same anyways

Tomorrow's Album #517 Billy Bragg - Talking With the Taxman About Poetry

No comments:

Post a Comment