Thursday, June 1, 2017

#122 The Incredible String Band - Hangman's Beautiful Daughter

Hippy music - no thanks. This album was an audio train wreck. I couldn't look, or should I say listen, away. I had to keep listening to see how bad it could get and it got bad, really bad. The lyrics for the songs are just terrible. Here are some examples...

"Koeeoaddi There"
Singing ladybird, ladybird what is your wish
Your wish is not granted unless it's a fish
Your wish is not granted unless it's a dish
A fish on a dish is that what you wish

"Witches Hat"
If I was a witches hat,
Sitting on her head like a paraffin stove,
I'd fly away and be a bat,
'Cross the air, I would rove

"Waltz of the New Moon"
The new moon is rising the eyelid of god is approaching
The humane train the skating raining travelling voice of certainty
The new moon is shining the harmonious hand is now holding lord krishna's ring
The eagle's wing the voice of mother everything
Ask the snail beneath the stone, ask the stone beneath the wall
Are there any stars at all
Like an eagle in the sky tell me if air is strong

"The Water Song"
Water water see the water flow
Glancing dancing see the water flow
Oh wizard of changes water water water
Dark or silvery mother of life
Water water holy mystery heavens daughter


I could go on.


"The Minotaur's Song" if you can hold out to the 1:30 mark you can experience all the band mooing




Tomorrow's Album #833 U2 - All That you Can't Leave Behind

No comments:

Post a Comment