Tuesday, June 20, 2017

#147 The Beatles - Abbey Road

I don't like The Beatles, so I tried very hard to keep an opened mind when listening to Abbey Road. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, in fact it was much better than I thought it was going to be. I understand the history of The Beatles, and can appreciate their important to the history of Rock & Roll. With out The Beatles I'm not sure where music is today, but I know we are somewhere different.

I'm not sure how you could determine which album was The Beatles best album, or most successful or most influential, but I would have to say that Abbey Road is probably up near the top of all those lists. I know listening to it has made me reconsider my opinion of The Beatles.

"Come Together"

"Something"

Tomorrow's Album #53 Frank Zappa & the Mothers of Invention - Freak Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment