Sunday, June 4, 2017

#600 Depeche Mode - Violator

"Let me take you on a trip, around the world and back, and you won't have to move, you just sit still."
- World In My Eyes

That's exactly what this album does, it takes you on a trip. I have said it before I'm sure, but 80's music is the best music, (and before anyone roasts me I know that Violator was released in 1990, but Depeche  Mode is an 80's band, and recording started in the 80's). So many amazing albums came from that time period. I have also said about other albums that are on the list, that I have already heard, that I have "listened to them more times that I can count". I may have exaggerating about those others but not about Violator. I know I have listened to this album hundreds of times, and in my mind, it may be the most perfect album ever recorded. Everything about it is perfection, The music, the lyrics, the themes, all of it. The band created something that I'm not sure can ever be surpassed by another band, and I LOVE a lot of other bands and a lot of other albums. I rave about Blue October and tell everyone that their music is on another level, but I'm sorry, they will never make an album as good as this one. The only fault I can find is that the album is only 9 songs, weighing in at 47 minutes. Which is o.k, you just put it on repeat and listen to it again.

The Full album for your enjoyment:


One of the best parts of the album was that it spawned some awesome music videos for the singles:

"Personal Jesus"


"Enjoy The Silence"


"Policy of Truth"


"World in My Eyes"


I decided to listen to the bonus track version of the album because it includes all of the B-Sides of the singles, all of which could have been on the album, and are better than most music of the time or released today.

"Dangerous" 
"Memphisto"
"Sibeling" - I love this song
"Kaleid"
"Happiest Girl"
"Sea of Sin"

I knew this post was going to be long, so I'll just close with one last thing. 

If I had to be stranded on an island with only one album to listen to - this is it. Bonus track version of course :)


Tomorrow's Album #307 Joni Mitchell - The Hissing of Summer Lawns

No comments:

Post a Comment