Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 67: Green Day - Dookie

I am a big fan of the older Green Day, not so much the newer stuff. In fact I only have 3 Green day albums, this one, Insomniac and Nimrod. To me those are the albums when they were doing something really exciting. Each track is a 3 minute, or less, burst of energy. Quick and to the point. True to the punk rock format, Green Day were the masters of the genre. Now I'm not going to be one of those people that claims they sold-out. I understand that, in most cases, artists are making music because that's what they love to do, but they also want to make money doing it, and I'm o.k with that. To me though, when Green Day went totally commercial and hit conscious is when they lost appeal to me. I know they still have millions of fans and are selling millions of albums, but if you want to listen to some really great punk rock, listen to their older albums and you can't go wrong. 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment