Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 63: KISS - Destroyer

I think that I can probably recite the lyrics to this album in my sleep. I first heard it when it originally came out, 1976. I was 6 years old and loved it from the first note of Detroit Rock City. This album was my first introduction to Rock, my first introduction to music really. It just blew me away. It was so energized, so alive. It really got into my soul and moved me. A friend of mine, Greg, and I would spend hours using make-up to paint our faces, cutting out guitars from cardboard and lip syncing to this album, the reason I know the lyrics so well. These guys were our idols.
Is this the best rock album ever produced? I'm not sure. Some would say yes, some would argue for others. To me though it was my introduction into the world of music, and for that it ranks up there pretty damn high. 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment