Monday, October 30, 2017

#249 Gene Clark - White Light

Even if I don't really like an album I do enjoy reading the history of the artist, and one thing that I have noticed is that a lot of these artists and bands on the list are interconnected. Artists have played together in different bands and have been in multiple bands on the list. What I've come to believe is that if you are a musician and have talents either for writing music or lyrics or both you are going to keep doing it for your whole life. If one band isn't popular or if it falls apart there is something else that they start up or get involved with.

Gene Clark, for example, was a member of the Byrds, who also had David Crosby in it, who went on to be a member of Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, who went on to have solo careers.

I didn't like the album. It is folk music and its one genre that I haven’t had much exposure to before listening to the 1001. I still haven't found anything in the genre that has changed my mind about it. Maybe it is still coming...

"White Light"


Tomorrow's Album #868 Fat Boy Slim - You've Come a Long Way Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment