Thursday, October 19, 2017

#3 Elvis Presley - Elvis Presley

I am not an Elvis fan. I know there are millions of people that love him, his music, his movies, everything about him. They buy every re-release of repacked songs that have been released 20 times already and they have visited Graceland at least once. That's just not me. His music just doesn't connect with me. Do I think he had huge success and probably deservedly so, sure. He recorded a ton of albums and had a ton of hit songs, but I view him of more of a musician that was used by those around him as a huge marketing machine. Other people wrote his songs and he put his stamp on them and made them popular. Nothing wrong with that, it made him a lot of fame and wealth, his music just isn't for me.

"Blue Suede Shoes"


Tomorrow's Album #451 The Germs - GI

No comments:

Post a Comment