Thursday, August 31, 2017

#653 Stereo MC's - Connected

In 1988 I reconnected with a friend, Raj, I hadn't seen in a few years. We ran into each other walking across campus at the University of Calgary. For the next few years we were practically inseparable. Prior to our chance meeting I didn't listen to any R&B or Dance music, but Raj did, and over the course of next few years as we went to dance clubs we listened to a lot of R&B and dance music. It really grew on me and I still listen to it, although it is primarily the stuff I listened to in the clubs, not the newer stuff. 

This album, while I had never heard it before today, is a great example of the music I'm talking about. although it was released in 1992, a little later than when I was listening to DJ's mix records, I can totally see some of the songs from the album in the mix.

"Step It Up"


Nothing to do with Stereo MC's but I thought I'd add my favorite song that Raj introduced me to
Seduction "(You're My One and Only) True Love (Rap Version)"


and the original


Tomorrow's Album # 81 The Beau Brummels - Triangle

No comments:

Post a Comment