Thursday, August 17, 2017

#346 Iggy Pop - The Idiot

Iggy Pop. The Godfather, or at this point in his career maybe I should say, the Grandfather of Punk. Iggy started out in a band called The Stooges, and after a few albums ventured out on his own for a solo career, with this album being his first solo effort. I didn't hate it but I didn't really like it either. I'm not really a fan of punk, even though this would definitely be a toned down punk, it was mostly Pop's singing for me. He's just not that good.

The Album was written in collaboration with David Bowie, and actually contains the first release of "China Girl" which Bowie would re-record almost a decade later and would become a HUGE hit for him.

"China Girl"


Tomorrow's Album #469 Def Leppard - Pyromania


No comments:

Post a Comment