Friday, August 11, 2017

#389 Throbbing Gristle - DOA

There have been some albums I have listened to that I didn't understand what was going on. That just were not that good for various reasons. Maybe it was the Lyrics, or the singing or the music itself was just terrible. This album was beyond that. It's not even an album in my opinion. Every single song, and I use that term very loosely in this case, is just random sounds strung together. There is very little instruments use and no singing. When there is "singing" it is obscured and distorted so that you can't really tell what is being said. Out of all the albums I have listened to so far this is the first that was an absolute waste of my time. I did wise up about 4 songs into it and I started to listen to just the beginning of each song to make sure it was more of the same then I skipped to the next one.

I did find one review of the album in Pitchfork magazine to be kind of funny it described the album as "a nauseating masterpiece, and an essential recording." Nauseating - yes, Essential to what - I'm not sure.

Since I have a love of microbiology here is "E-Coli"


Tomorrow's Album #858 Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Fever To Tell

No comments:

Post a Comment