Monday, July 31, 2017

#744 Screaming Trees - Dust

More often than not, while listening to albums from the list, it is multiple albums in a row that I don't really like. Whether it is because the album is a genre I don't like or the albums just aren't that good, it was really refreshing to listen to two albums in a row that are really really good.

I really liked this album, and the interesting thing is that it wasn't even suppose to exist. The band had planned on splitting up following their album Sweet Oblivion, but it was such a huge success they decided to give it another go. Dust is the result.

Now I haven't listened to Sweet Oblivion yet, although I plan to, but if it is even half as good as this album it will be awesome. Following Dust, and issues with coming up with another album, the band finally did break up.

The band, btw, came out of the Seattle music scene during the same time as Nirvana, Soundgarden and Pearl Jam. Some great company to keep.

"All I Know"


Tomorrow's Album #382 Talking Heads - More Songs About Buildings and Food

No comments:

Post a Comment