Saturday, July 1, 2017

Happy Canada Day!

For those that don't know, I am Canadian, and Today is Canada's 150th birthday. To musically celebrate, I decided to go through my music library  and include a video for my favorite song from each Canadian Artist that I listen to. But first the national anthem "Oh Canada". Here is to another amazing 150 years!

Oh Canada - Traditional
Rock Version
Rap Version

Now my favorites:

Arcade Fire "Reflektor"
Barenaked Ladies "Tonight is the night I fell asleep at the wheel"
Big Wreck "Inhale"
Blue Rodeo "The Ballad of  the dime store greaser..."
Chalk Circle "20th Century Boy"
City and Colour "Thirst"
David Usher "Forestfire"
Glass Tiger "Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone)
I Mother Earth "When Did You Get Back From Mars?"
Matthew Good "Alabama Motel Room"
Mother Mother "Infintesimal"
Mounties "Headphones"
Neverending White Lights "The Grace"
Nickelback "Breathe"
The Northern Pikes "Things I Do For Money"
Our Lady Peace "Wipe That Smile Off Your Face"
Raine Maida "Careful What You Wish For"



I'm closing with. in my mind, the band that best represents Canada as a whole. So many of their songs talk about Canada and Canadian history. I couldn't possibly pick a favorite, so I picked the one that I feel is the "most" Canadian - Enjoy & Happy Birthday Canada!

Tragically Hip "Bobcaygeon"


Tomorrow's Album #10 The Crickets - The 'Chirping' Crickets

No comments:

Post a Comment