Saturday, December 8, 2018

#247 David Bowie - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars

I think this is the first Bowie album so far that did not include any instrumental songs, and while I didn't know any of them other than "Ziggy Stardust" I like it for the most part. At times the lyrics were a bit weird, but I expect that from Bowie to a certain extent. He is kind of out there, but that is what makes his music interesting. When you write an album about your alter ego, Ziggy Stardust, who is a bisexual rock star who is a messenger to extra-terrestrials, it's bound to be odd.






"Ziggy Stardust" - one of the things that I have enjoyed is finding and watching the videos. Sometimes all I can find is the official music video, but I like to try and find live performances or other less common videos. I feel that it is a way to keep the artist alive, especially for artists that have passed away.


Tomorrow's Album #898 Slipknot - Slipknot

No comments:

Post a Comment