Saturday, November 18, 2017

#603 REM - Document

A long time ago, when I was a kid, 7-11 had a promotion when you bought a Slurpee. At the time Slurpees came in a paper cup, and underneath the cup, you removed a cardboard holder, and there was a collectible shiny plastic disc with a band on it. I remember trying to collect them all, and one of the bands was R.E.M.  

At the time I had no idea who R.E.M were but would eventually come to love their music. The album that introduced me to the band was Green, with their huge hits Stand and Orange Crush. I never did go back and listen to any of their older albums, including this one. Document is a pretty good album, and a great example of R.E.M.

"It's The End of The World (As We Know It)"

"The One I Love"

Tomorrow's Album #777 Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment