Tuesday, November 21, 2017

#1028 Portishead - Third

I remember listening to Portishead's Dummy album years ago when I first started this blog. I had never heard the band before then and I was blown away by the album, it ended up in music library and I have listened to it many time since.

This album comes 11 years after they released Dummy, and is now been out for 10 years. The band is obviously not worried about releasing large quantities of music. It is all about the quality and it shows on this album.

The style is very different than Dummy, much more mellow, and when I listened to it I got the impression that the band took the 11 years making sure each song is perfect. The songs are full of little subtleties, the lyrics are engaging and vocals still have a very ethereal quality that just pulls you in. It is definitely an album that you have to actively listen to, and it is so worth it. This album will be joining Dummy in my music library for sure!

"Machine Gun"

"Plastic"

Tomorrow's Album #551 Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms

No comments:

Post a Comment