Saturday, November 11, 2017

#1016 The Killers - Sam's Town


You may have noticed that this is album #1016. How can that be when it is the 1001 Albums to Hear Before You Die? Well I decided when I restarted the blog that I was going to include all of the albums that have been added to later versions of the book. That brings the current total to 1066 albums as of the 2016 version of the book.

I am torn on The Killers. For the most part I think that they are a great band. I have and listen to all their albums. In fact, one of their songs "Read My Mind", from this album, is one of my all time favorite songs. My issue with the band is that, in my opinion, none of their albums are amazing from start to finish. They all have 3 or 4 really, really good songs, then a couple good songs and the rest are meh. I want them to release an album that I love each and every song. Their new album, recently released, is more of the same. There are 4 songs that I think are just great, a couple that are pretty good, and the rest I can live with out, and for the most part I think this is the reason why eventually we are going to see a complete and total shift from selling of albums to streaming of albums on services like Apple Music and others. For $10 I can buy the new Killers album and really like 4 or 5 songs, or I can pay $10 a month to Apple and listen to any album that I want old or new.

"Read My Mind"

From their new album Wonderful Wonderful:

"The Man"

"Run for Cover"

Tomorrow's Album #411 Muddy Waters - Hard Again

No comments:

Post a Comment