Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 89: ABBA - The Visitors

I am afraid to admit that ABBA is a small little bit of a guilty pleasure. I mean the closest thing that I have on my Ipod is an Erasure ABBA cover album, I don't have any actual ABBA, but I do enjoy their music. I think it comes from my parents listening to them while I was growing up.

Anyways, this album is actually the band's last album, and one that I don't remember hearing before. It didn't have any immediately recognizable hits on it, but it was pretty good, basically an all round fun 80s album, but not as good as let's say Voulez-vous.

On a side note, I tried to find a reason for the breakup but there really isn't anything concrete. In fact they have never even announced that they were done as a band, they just stopped performing together in 1982, shortly after this album was released. The band as also been offered millions of dollars to do even a single concert, to which they have refused all offers, even though there doesn't seem to be any bad blood that would keep them from doing it, weird. 3/5


No comments:

Post a Comment