Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 77: Louis Prima - The Wildest

So today's album is way back to almost the beginning of the list chronologically. It is #4 and was originally recorded in 1958. I was really liking this album. Again is an album heavy on jazz with lots of horns and piano, which I really like, and imagine my surprise when two of the songs are songs that I had heard before as re-recorded cover versions by more current artists. "Just a gigolo - I ain't got nobody" was redone by David Lee Roth in the 80s and "Jump, Jive an Wail" was redone by Brian Setzer (lead singer of the Stray Cats) in the 90s. It was good to see that these songs that had a big influence on today's music were being appreciated and honored by the artists they inspired. Overall it was a really good jazz/rock album with upbeat lively songs that gets you tapping your feet. 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment