Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 78: Joni Mitchell - Court & Spark

I was very pleasantly surprised by this album. First of all I think this is the 1st album so far that is by a Canadian artist, so that gives it extra credit and secondly, I really enjoyed the folk rock sound to it and Joni's lyric writing ability is really inspired. I love songs that are more about telling a story, and not as concerned about being a hit pop tune. Songs that I can relate to or that have an emotional connection of some sort, and she was able to pull this off quite nicely.
I can also see how she is considered so influential on so many other artists, and why Prince has repeatedly said that she is one of his favorite artists. I can see her style in many of his songs. 5/5
I loved "free man in paris"

No comments:

Post a Comment