Friday, October 19, 2018

#923 Ryan Adams - Heartbreaker

I did not realize that Ryan Adams was in a alt-country band before heading out on his own. That kind of explains my feelings about his "Gold" album that I reviewed a couple weeks ago, and why I didn't like it as much as I maybe should have. I just don't like country all that much, unless it is the old school country. Todays newer alt-rock or pop/country is not for me. Having said that I tried to have a more open mind about this album, and surprisingly I did think it was better than Gold. Another think that might explain the difference between them is many times a band or persons debut album is very good, but then their sophmore effort does not live up to the debut. One other thing I think is important to point out since this is the last Ryan Adams album, is he has been extremely prolific as a solo artist, essentially releasing one album a year since 2000.

"To Be Young (Is To Be Sad, Is To Be High)

Tomorrow's Album #804 The Chemical Brothers - Exit Planet Dust

No comments:

Post a Comment