Friday, September 8, 2017

New Music - Nothing But Thieves "Broken Machine"

Sometime in 2015 I kind of accidently found out about a new band called Nothing But Thieves. I heard their song "Trip Switch" on an Alt radio station and instantly fell in love with it. A few months later they released an entire album and the whole entire album is just amazing. Every song from start to finish is so original and so well crafted. The lead singers voice is very original and he has an amazing range, not to mention the band's lyric writing abilities. Just a really really good alt-rock album.

Fast forward a year or so and the band announces that they are working a new album. Now I always get nervous about a band's sophomore album, especially when their debut is so good. In my opinion most bands usually slump on their second album just because of the pressure to repeat their success. Well this album does not disappoint. Is it as good as their debut? I'm not sure quite yet. I have only listened to it twice, but their are quite a few songs that I'm hooked on already. I think I am going to end up liking it as much as their first. They are becoming one of my favorite bands.

Can't wait to catch them in concert!

A couple songs from their debut:

"Trip Switch"
"Itch"
"Ban All The Music"
"Graveyard Whistling" - My favorite from their first album
"Wake Up Call"

New Stuff from Broken Machine:

"Sorry"
"Amsterdam"
"Broken Machine"




No comments:

Post a Comment